– End Destructive Wildfires
The world needs crazy ideas
The $11M XPRIZE Wildfire is a 4-year competition to innovate firefighting technologies that will end destructive wildfires.
Solutions can come from anyone, anywhere on the planet; engineers, scientists, garage tinkerers, entrepreneurs, innovators, citizen scientists and high school students have embraced the spirit of competition, won millions of dollars in prize purses and helped shape a better future for all.
The mission of XPRIZE is to inspire and empower humanity to achieve breakthroughs that accelerate a hopeful future for all.
Two Competition Tracks
The two competition tracks are designed to support near and long-term impact goals and address core fire management problems.
The competition tracks will individually and jointly transform how wildfires are managed and fought.
Track A: Space-Based Wildfire Detection and Intelligence
Solutions developed for the Space-Based Wildfire Detection and Intelligence Track will address the greatest barrier to how we currently fight fires with accurate, precise and rapid, detection across vast and remote areas.
In the Finals for the Space-Based Wildfire Detection & Intelligence track, teams will have one minute to accurately detect all fires across a landscape larger than entire states or countries, and 10 minutes to precisely characterize and report data with the least false positives to decision-makers on the ground.
Track B: Autonomous Wildfire Response
Solutions developed for the Autonomous Wildfire Response Track will transform how fires are managed and fought with autonomous detection, response, and suppression of incipient fires.
In the Finals for the Autonomous Wildfire Response track, teams have 10 minutes to autonomously detect and suppress a high-risk fire in a 1,000 km2, environmentally challenging area, leaving any decoy fires untouched.
Lockheed Martin Accurate Detection Intelligence Bonus Prize
The $1M Lockheed Martin Accurate Detection Intelligence Bonus Prize will be awarded for innovations in the accurate and precise detection of wildfires.
How to Register
Teams can register through the XPRIZE Prize Operations Platform (POP), the central platform for competing teams during the life cycle of the prize. POP is a virtual system that allows competing teams to interact with each other and with the XPRIZE Prize Operations team. POP is mostly used for finding team members, completing prize activities, and submitting documents for registration and testing.
- All prospective teams must create a free account profile on POP which enables access to the site. Click the “Login” button at the top right and create an account. After creating an account, navigate to the competitions page and click “Create a Team” on the XPRIZE Wildfire panel. This will initiate the team creation process.
- Once complete, you will have formed a team! You may invite other team members to join your team. All team members must also create a POP account.
- Important Note: creating a Team profile is not the final step to registration. Registration is complete once a team makes the registration fee payment, and signs the competitor agreement. These activities are forthcoming.
- Visit the Activities page to complete the first prize activity, which will automatically be assigned. Monitor this page for upcoming activities, including Payment and Signing the Competitor Agreement.
- Be sure to thoroughly review the Competition Guidelines, which include information about team registration, fees and other required activities, competition timeline and milestones, and more key initial information about the competition.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
XPrize Wildfire & FireEd Up
The FireEd Up Challenge is proud to be associated with Xprize Wildfire. Find out more about how Australian schools can be involved